Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cavs, and others, look for close out


After another dominant performance from LeBron James (triple-double) on Sunday, the Cleveland Cavaliers are up 3-1 on the Chicago Bulls, and will look to put them away tonight in Cleveland at 8pm on TNT.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Cavs win this game 5 and take the series 4-1. And I also believe that Miami will lose tonight in Boston and be eliminated. It took so much for Miami to win just one game, I can't see them coming back in this series at all. So I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that 2nd round it will be Cleveland vs. Boston. And if that is the case and both Boston and the Cavs win tonight, game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semi-finals, Cavs/Celtics, would be this Saturday.

Orlando swept the series against the Charlotte Bobcats and are currently waiting to see who they'll face in the semis.


I thought it would be the Atlanta Hawks without a doubt, but the Milwaukee Bucks have come back to win the last two games in the series and tie it up 2-2. I still feel Atlanta will take the series because they have home court advantage and just a more talented roster, but they need to take the playoffs more seriously than they are right now because they need to eventually win a road game somewhere if they want to advance beyond Orlando in the semis.

Oklahoma City shocked everyone but themselves by winning games 3 and 4 in OKC, tying the series against the Lakers at 2-2. I picked them to win this series back before the playoffs started and so far they're making me look like I know what I'm talking about. The series shifts back to Los Angeles tonight for game 5 at 10:30pm, TNT. Kobe Bryant has said this is a "must win" tonight for the Lakers, and it could be really tough for them. OKC and Kevin Durant have confidence now and much more energy than the older Lakers. I for one cannot wait to watch this game. Go OKC!

The Phoenix Suns got back on track at home against the Portland Trail Blazers, taking a 3-2 lead. Brandon Roy returned from surgery to play for the Blazers, but I still feel that Phoenix is just too much for the Blazers to handle. They should seal the deal in game 6, even if it is at the Rose Garden in Portland.

And then there's the Utah Jazz and San Antonio Spurs, both up 3-1 on their higher seeded oppenents. I don't think anyone saw Utah taking this lead without AK47 and Memhet Okur, but they've been the harder working team and have shown the Nuggets what unselfish basketball looks like. And the Spurs look to close out the series tonight at 9:30pm on NBATV against the Mavericks. I thought the Mavericks and Spurs would definitely battle it out, but I expected the series to be tied 2-2 going into game 5, not 3-1 Spurs. If the Spurs close out Dallas tonight, it will be a huge failure for the Mavericks and their owner Mark Cuban might literally explode on the court.

No comments:

Post a Comment